Friday, March 21, 2014

Student Success Statement

Student Success Statement: 

Cowardice asks the question  "Is is safe?" 
Expediency asks the question, "Is it politic?"
Vanity asks the question " Is it popular?"

But, conscience asks the question, "Is it right?" And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right.



Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 


Reflection: To me, I believe that this quote is telling me to choose between wrong or right and to listen to my conscience when needed to. With this, I understand that I must think first before I act, conjure my thoughts before I speak, and listen before I assume. To look within myself to find that not the popular, not the political, not the safe, but what I believe, what I presumed in my head with my thoughts is what I should think is right. Never loose faith in what are you, who you are, or what you will become. The future is yours, and let your conscience and the good will of your very being run through you like water down a river and into your head before you act, speak, think, or stand still to do nothing. Your conscience is what will move you, run oxygen through your lungs and proceed to ignite the momentum that your soul needs to think and function. So that you can continue to think and choose what is right and what is wrong. With out this, some are amounted to almost ( if not ) nothing, because they didn't think. They didn't take the time to look inside themselves. To use what every human being is given. To pursue. To move. Because they didn't take their use of time to approach their conscience to believe what right.

No comments:

Post a Comment